Monday 9 April 2012

The Devil Rides Out



I wanted to create a robust minnow type lure from wood using just some basic geometry to give it that look rather than complex carving or casting.  I shaped the above lure from pine using the band saw and router. As test piece I thought I would go a little off beat with the colour, this I suppose is the zombie look. The eyes are glow in the dark beads cut in half, maybe not zombie more the devil rides out.  This time I am going to let the epoxy fully cure before giving it a test run. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Very nice!
    It is cool to see some lure that are not crazy but still a bit off field, well done.
    Let us know how it swim.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers, i cannot wait to get down to the water

    ReplyDelete