Tuesday 14 July 2015

Test Tank Tuesday Rats

This is the first time Test Tank Tuesday is heading State-side to Texas to take a look at Chandler Johnson's major water rat infestation. Michael Phelps has nothing on these little beauties, check out the rubber tail action on the 5" prototype, after watching briefly I found myself hypnotized and when my wife asked me to the dishes I went right ahead without a second thought (luckily it does ware off). This lure is hand carved from cedar and Chandler also makes and sells other lures under his brand name Limit Lures Link to Website.



5 comments:

  1. What fish are they mainly aimed at, I was thinking do pike take rats? I have heard of birds, ducklings etc but never rats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The builder is a Bass man but I would think this would make a great pike lure running down the edge of reeds

      Delete
  2. Yes I think it will work I have known of pike takeing rats water voles frogs and such like on the canals before.�� we made surface luers out of black 35mill film cases and put shot in them and that worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i have friend whose father makes and uses film canister lures

      Delete
  3. Genius! I think I need now to be more creative when it comes to fly fishing lures.

    ReplyDelete